Want To Come Work With Us?
Opportunities Abound. Check Out Our Listings.
Current Job Listings
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Status: Part Time – Louisville Area
Reports to: Practice Manager
The Part Time Certified Medical Assistant’s role is to provide primary care and wellness services for BluMine clients through a network of shared-site locations. The PRN CMA will work both independently and collaboratively to assist in Occupational Medicine treatments and other primary care and wellness scenarios within their scope of work. Responsible for requests made by Providers within the CMA scope of work.
The Part Time Certified Medical Assistant’s role is to provide primary care and wellness services for BluMine clients through a network of shared-site locations. The Part Time CMA will work both independently and collaboratively to assist in Occupational Medicine treatments and other primary care and wellness scenarios within their scope of work. Responsible for requests made by Providers within the CMA scope of work. This role will be expected to fill in for the Medical Receptionist duties as needed. This position will work at BluMine Health Dixie Highway, Brandenburg, and Shepherdsville, Kentucky clinic locations, as well as Jeffersonville, Indiana.
The Part Time CMA should demonstrate professional development and clinical competency; knowledge of medical procedures and processes within their scope of work, and help to ensure total patient care within the clinic setting. Patient satisfaction and clear concise communication to the patient and co-workers are key to the success of this role.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; performing controls on all laboratory equipment; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to speak and hear – Medical Spanish a plus
- Close and distant vision
- Frequent sitting with some walking and standing
- Frequently lift / carry up to 40 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Ability to visit with patients face to face and handle medical equipment
- Phlebotomy, urine and body fluid collection
- Clinic hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or as flexed to meet the clinic and client needs
- Continual work in normal office conditions
- Phone and computer use
- Equipment unpacking
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.